Club Sports are another tremendous opportunity for students, not only to participate in a sport that they love, but also to understand the details and responsibilities of organizing fellow students working toward a common goal on a team. Club members work with the Recreation office to hire coaches, plan and schedule practices, schedule contests, and work with an operating budget. Each club sport, like all student clubs on campus, must have a constitution and student leaders responsible for the team.
2018/2019 active Club Sports
- Badminton, Captin: Alexandra Lao
- Basketball, Captain: Andrew Straube
- Boxing, Captain: Joseph Orosco; Joe Orosco Nationals story
- Equestrian, Captain: Ardyn Allessie & Erica Heffernan
- Fencing, Captain: Kristian Emmons
- Golf, Captain: Benjamin Barton
- Men's Ice Hockey, Captain: Victor Dunn
- Jiu-Jitsu, Captains: Joseph Orosco
- Outdoors, Captains: Brandon Herrera & William Tjeltveit
- Rugby, Captain: William Sumner: 2017 Final Four story
- Running, Captain: Katelyn Reardon:
- Men's Soccer, Captain: Cameron McMillian
- Women's Soccer, Captain: Megan Carey
- Alpine Skiing, Captain: Tess Starr
There are important procedures to follow in order to create or maintain a club on campus. Information and details can be found in the Club Sports Handbook.
All club sports must be familiar with and follow the procedures on the “Club Sports Council” portion of the SGA website.