Waterville, Maine - Junior Anson McCook (Miami, Fla.) won a tough match at first singles and joined forces with senior tri-captain Rich Bonfiglio (Bronxville, N.Y.) to take the first doubles match as the visiting Trinity College Bantams took a 7-2 win over the Colby College Mules in New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) men's tennis this morning. Trinity, ranked No. 4 in the Northeast and No. 13 in the nation, improves to 4-2 overall and 1-0 in the NESCAC, while Colby drops to 5-2 overall and 0-2 in the league with its second loss in a row.
Bonfiglio also won at second singles, while fellow senior tri-captain David Dessau (New York, N.Y.) was a winner at third singles. Junior Charles McConnell (New York, N.Y.) and senior tri-captain D.J. Patrick (Atlanta, Ga.) were other singles winners for Trinity. Jack Bryant won at fourth singles for Colby, and Luke Martin and Jason Ottomano took the third doubles match for the Mules.
1. TC- Anson McCook d. Jaso Ottomano, 6-1, 5-7, 6-1
2. TC- Rich Bonfiglio d. Matt Carroll, 6-1, 6-1
3. TC- David Dessau d. Than Moore, 6-2, 7-5
4. C- Jack Bryant d. Juqal Marfatia, 6-2, 7-5
5. TC- Charles McConnell d. Matt Mantikas, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
6. TC- D.J. Patrick d. Sam Bachelder, 6-1, 6-4
1. TC- McCook/Bonfiglio d. Bryant/Carroll, 8-3
2. TC- Dessau/Patrick d. Rob Yee/Bachelder, 8-3
3. C- Luke Martin/Ottomano d. Matthew Mackin/McConnell, 9-8 (3)
Trinity (Conn.) 7, Colby 2