Hartford, Conn. - Senior Jugal Marfatia (Surat, India) won in straight sets ay No. 1 singles and teamed with sophomore David Myers (Winnetka, Ill.) for an 8-3 triumph at No. 3 doubles to lead the Trinity College Bantams to a 9-0 victory over the visiting United States Coast Guard Academy Bears in men's tennis action this afternoon at Assaiante Tennis Center. Trinity closes the fall semester with a 1-1 dual-match record, while the Bears drop to 0-3.
Trinity sophomores Ilya Levin (Wellesley, Mass.) and Ned Mandel (Chevy Chase, Md.) won in both singles and as the top Bantam doubles pair, while rookie Ford Traff (Wayzata, Minn.) posted a dominant, 6-1, 6-0 win at No. 4 singles and combined with senior tri-captain Jordan Kemp (Bedford, N.Y.) to win, 8-3, at No. 2 doubles.
1. TC- Jugal Marfatia d. Josh Fisher, 6-2, 6-4
2. TC- Ned Mandel d. Blake Maurer, 4-6, 6-1, 10-1
3. TC- Ilya Levin d. Robert Renfrow,7-5, 6-3
4. TC- Ford Traff d. Mark Guentert, 6-1, 6-0
5. TC- Daniel Carpenter d. Weston Fortna, 6-2, 6-2
6. TC- Aaron Segel d. Jon Lighter, 6-0, 6-0
1. TC- Levin/Mandel d. Fisher/Maurer, 9-8(2)
2. TC- Jordan Kemp/Traff d. Guentert/Fortna, 8-3
3. TC- Marfatia/David Myers d. Renfrow/Lighter, 8-3
Trinity (Conn.) 9, Coast Guard 0