Williamstown, Mass. - The Trinity College men's tennis team dropped a 7-0 match to the Williams College Ephs in a New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) matchup on Sunday in Williamstown. The Bantams fall to 5-9 overall and 1-6 in conference play after dropping the regular season finale, while the No. 10-ranked Ephs improve to 12-6 overall and 4-4 in NESCAC action.
Williams earned the sweep despite only finishing seven matches due to poor weather. The Ephs came away with an early 3-0 lead after winning each doubles match and won the top four singles matches, each by straight sets.
1. W - A. Raghavan/Grodecki d. Scheffers/Riefler, 8-4
2. W - Sadowsky/Shastri d. Matingo/Winser, 9-8 (7-2)
3. W - Lebowitz/S. Raghavan d. Boyle/Frigerio, 8-2
1. W - Rohan Shastri d. Rutendo Matingo, 6-4, 6-2
2. W - Brian Grodecki d. Kyle Scheffers, 6-4, 6-1
3. W - Sachin Raghavan d. Jagger Riefler, 6-3, 6-0
4. W - Deepak Indrakanti d. Phillip Winser, 6-1, 6-3
5. Ananth Raghavan v. Chris Caskin (DNF)
6. Benjamin Lebowitz v. Alexander Fallone (DNF)
Williams 7, Trinity (Conn.) 0