Hartford, Conn. - Junior Rex Glickman (Chappaqua, N.Y.) won in singles and doubles to lead the Trinity College Bantams to a 6-3 victory over the visiting Connecticut College Camels in wNew England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) men's tennis action this afternoon at Assaiante Center. Trinity improves to 5-6 overall and 1-3 in the NESCAC while snapping a three-match losing skid, while the Camelsa fall to 4-8 overall and 0-4 in the league.
Glickman and senior tri-captain William Boyd (Hillsborough, Calif.) came away with the lone Trinity point after doubles play, winning, 8-5, at the top of the lineup, but the Bantams used five singles wins to take the victory. Trinity senior tri-captain Rutendo Matingo (Weston, Mass.) battled back to take a 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 victory at first singles, while Glickman posted a 6-3, 6-3 victory at second singles. Senior tri-captain Jagger Riefler (Wimbledon, England), classmate Phillip Winser (St. Lazare, Quebec), and junior Kyle Scheffers (Flossmoor, Ill.) all won in straights sets for Trinity in singles play.
1. TC- William Boyd/Rex Glickman d. Dan Maffa/Will Cannon, 8-5
2. CC- Ben Sachs/Charlie Williams (CC) def. Jagger Riefler/Kyle Scheffers, 9-7
3. CC- Johnny Cissel/Patrick Farrell (CC) def. Rutendo Matingo/Courtland Boyle, 9-7
1. TC- Matingo d. Williams, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
2. TC- Glickman d. Maffa, 6-3, 6-3
3. CC- Cannon d. Boyd, 6-4, 7-5
4. TC- Scheffers d. Ben Sachs, 6-3, 6-3
5. TC- Riefler d. Scott Brown, 6-3, 6-2
6. TC- Phillip Winser d. Farrell, 6-1, 6-0
Trinity (Conn.) 6, Connecticut College 3