This Week: The Trinity College women's basketball team enters the week with an 11-5 record after dropping a pair of New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) road matchups last week. This week, the Bantams return to action as they travel to Smith College for a Wednesday night tilt before a Saturday afternoon matchup at home against Amherst.
Smith Series History: Trinity is 32-7 against the Pioneers in the all-time series, dating back to the winter of 1977-78.
Last Time Out Against the Pioneers: The Bantams fell, 69-57, to Smith last season in Hartford.
Amherst Series History: Trinity is 16-25 all-time against Amherst dating back to the two teams' first meeting during the 1977-78 season.
Last Time Out Against the Purple & White: Amherst beat the Bantams to the tune of 53-38 last season in Massachusetts.
- Trinity is shooting 32.7% from beyond the arc which ranks second-best in the conference.
- Sophomore center Courtney Erickson ranks second in the conference in scoring (13.8 ppg) and seventh in rebounding (7.3 rpg).
- Senior co-captain Kaitlin Lewis is fourth-best in the conference in three-point shooting, connecting on 39.7% of her shots from beyond the arc. Sophomore Erica Junquet is fifth-best in the NESCAC in free throw shooting, making over 80% of her shots from the charity stripe.
- Junior guard Aubree Udell ranks seventh in the league in three-point percentage with a 37.0% clip from beyond the arc. Udell also leads the Bantams this winter in minutes per game (30.1) and scored 10 points while dishing out four assists in Trinity's game versus Bowdoin last week.
- Bantam rookie Peace Kabari is third in the conference in steals per game (2.1). Kabari dropped in 10 points, pulled down six boards and had a trio of steals against the Polar Bears last week.