This Week: The Trinity College women's basketball team enters the final week of the regular season with a 12-10 record after splitting a pair of New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) matchups last weekend at home. This week, Trinity hosts Anna Maria on Tuesday night in the regular season finale at Oosting Gymnasium.
Trinity (12-10) v. Anna Maria (5-18)
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Anna Maria Series History: Trinity is 4-1 all-time against Anna Maria, dating back to the first contest during the 2011-12 season.
Last Time Out Against the Amcats: The Bantams downed the Amcats via a score of 64-46, last season in Massachusetts.
- Trinity is shooting 30.6% from beyond the arc which ranks third-best in the conference.
- Sophomore center Courtney Erickson ranks sixth in the conference in scoring (12.9 ppg) and seventh in rebounding (7.0 rpg). Erickson led the team with 22 points and six boards in the win over Hamilton on Friday.
- Junior guard Aubree Udell is seventh-best in the conference in three-point shooting, connecting on 36.4% of her shots from beyond the arc. Senior co-captain Kaitlin Lewis ranks just behind her at eighth-best in the league thanks to a 35.1% clip from beyond the arc. Udell also leads the Bantams this winter in minutes per game (30.2).
- Bantam rookie Peace Kabari ranks fifth in the NESCAC with 2.1 steals per game. Kabari led Trinity against Middlebury on Saturday, posting 21 points on 7-of-10 shooting and grabbing four rebounds and four steals. Kabari is second on the team in scoring, averaging 8.1 points per contest on 45.6% shooting.
- Trinity knocked off Hamilton, 63-58, on Play4Kay night on Friday, despite trailing after each of the first three quarters. Trinity used a late comeback, highlighted by 28 bench points to come back and sink the Continentals in the game's final minutes.
- The Bantams have made a marked improvement from last year's record at home, going from 2-5 a year ago, to 7-2 this season. The Bantams can improve to 8-2 at home with a win over the Amcats on Tuesday night.