This Week: The Trinity College women's basketball won its second game of the new season last weekend, a 63-48 victory over St. Joseph, in its only matchup of the week. This week, the Bantams travel to Norwich University on Friday where they will play Bridgewater State in the opening game of the Ed Hockenbury Classic, a two-day weekend tournament. Trinity will play again on Saturday at a time to be announced against either host Norwich or Maine-Augusta.
Trinity (2-1) v. Bridgewater State (2-1)
Friday, Dec. 2, 2016 at 8 p.m.
Bridgewater State Series History: Trinity is 0-1 against the Bears dating back to the lone matchup in 2011-12.
- Trinity is the second-best rebounding team in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), pulling down 46 boards per contest.
- Sophomore guard Aubree Udell poured in a career-high 15 points with five assists in the team's win last weekend over the Blue Jays.
- Sophomore Courtney Erickson had 14 points and 10 rebounds against St. Joseph, including nine second-half points. Erickson leads the team in scoring (9.3 ppg) and rebounding (7.0 rpg).
- Sophomore Erica Junquet leads the team in field goal percentage (66.7%) while scoring 5.7 points per contest. Junior forward Emily Llerena is second on the team with a 55.6% shooting clip to go along 6.3 points per game.
- After the Ed Hockebury Classic this weekend, the Bantams return to Hartford for three straight home contests, starting with the home opener on December 5 against Coast Guard.