Trinity Women's Tennis Wins Against Wesleyan
Hartford, Conn. - The Trinity College Bantams upended the visiting Wesleyan University Cardinals, 8-1, in New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) women's tennis action this afternoon at Assaiante Center. Trinity improves to 10-4 overall and 4-2 against NESCAC teams, while Wesleyan falls to 8-4 overall and 3-4 against the league.
Trinity swept the doubles by a combined score of 24-9, and won four singles matches in straight sets. Junior Frances Cameron (Mill Valley, Calif.) was dominant at No. 5 singles with a 6-2, 6-1 victory, while Lauren Jacobs earned the Cardinal point at No. 6 singles.
1. TC- Hillary Hoyt d. Grace Smith, 3-6, 6-3, 10-7
2. TC- Senzo Mauve-Maphisa d. Sarah Miller, 6-1, 6-3
3. TC- Kelsey Semrod d. Genevieve Aniello, 6-3, 6-2
4. TC- Elizabeth Gerber d. Kiley Robbins, 7-5, 7-4
5. TC- Frances Cameron d. Madison Hartley, 6-2, 6-1
6. W- Lauren Jacobs d. Caroline Gagne, 6-4, 6-2â€¨
1. TC- Hoyt/Mauve-Maphisa d. Smith/Miller , 8-2
2. TC- Cameron/Semrod d. Aniello/Robbins, 8-3
3. TC- Criss/Gerber d. Hartley/Jacobs, 8-4
Trinity (Conn.) 8, Wesleyan 1