Trinity Women's Tennis Secures First League Win With Shutout Of Connecticut College
Hartford, Conn. - First-year No. 1 Melita Ferjanic (Samobor, Croatia) did not allow a single point in singles with a 6-0, 6-0 victory and teamed with senior co-captain Hillary Hoyt (New York, N.Y.) for an 8-1 win at first doubles, as the Trinity College Bantams blanked the visiting Connecticut College Camels, 9--0, in New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) women's tennis action this afternoon at Assaiante Center. Trinity, ranked No. 8 in the Northeast and No. 24 in the nation, improves to 7-4 overall and 1-2 in the NESCAC with its home-opening triumph. Connecticut College drops to 3-6 overall and 0-2 in the league.
Trinity dominated from start to finish, outscoring the Camels, 24-4, in doubles play and winning all six singles matches in straight sets. Hoyt, junior Senzo Mauve-Maphisa (Bulawayo, Zimbabwe), and first-year Morgan Feldman (Upper Brookville, N.Y.) all yielded just one point in their respective singles wins.
1. TC- Melita Ferjanic d. Ditomass, 6-0, 6-0
2. TC- Hillary Hoyt d. Herbert, 6-1, 6-0
3. TC- Morgan Feldman d. Krivoshik, 6-0, 6-1
4. TC- Senzo Mauve-Maphisa d. Mareaux, 6-1, 6-0
5. TC- Frances Cameron d. Cargeni, 6-1, 6-4
6. TC- Elizabeth Gerber d. Kalia, 6-0, 6-3
1. TC- Ferjanic/Hoyt d. Ditomass/Herbert, 8-1
2. TC- Feldman/Mauve-Maphisa d. Cargeni/Sinha, 8-0
3. TC- Regan Cherna/Gerber d. Krivoshik/Mareaux, 8-3
Trinity (Conn.) 9, Connecticut College 0