Trinity Women's Tennis Takes Downs Wesleyan
Middletown, Conn. - The visiting Trinity College Bantams blanked the Wesleyan University Cardinals in an indoor New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) women's tennis match this afternoon. Trinity, ranked No. 21 in the nation, improves to 10-4 overall and 3-3 in the NESCAC with its fifth consecutive victory, while the Cardinals fall to 4-9 overall and 2-5 in the league.
Trinity senior co-captain Hillary Hoyt (New York, N.Y.) and first-year Melita Ferjanic (Samobor, Croatia) opened things up with an 8-0 victory at No. 1 doubles, and the Bantams went on to sweep the doubles for a 3-0 lead. Trinity took the top-four singles matches in straight sets, and the bottom two spots by shortened scores of 8-3 and 8-4, respectively.
1. TC- Melita Ferjanic d. Clare DuBrin, 6-4, 6-0
1. TC-Hillary Hoyt d. Grace Smith, 6-1, 6-3
1. TC-Morgan Feldman d. Genevieve Aniello, 6-1, 6-0
1. TC-Regan Cherna d. Jessica Seidman, 6-1, 6-3
1. TC-Senzo Mauve-Maphisa d. Lauren Jacobs, 8-3
1. TC-Frances Cameron d. Nicki Softness, 8-4
1. TC- Ferjanic/Hoyt d. Aniello/DuBrin, 8-0
1. TC-Feldman/Mauve-Maphisa d. Smith/Jacobs, 8-4
1. TC-Elizabeth Gerber/Cherna d. Nicki Softness/Kaitlyn Clark, 8-5
Trinity (Conn.) 9, Wesleyan 0