Orange, Calif. - First-year Melita Ferjanic (Samobor, Croatia) dominated the No. 1 singles match with a 6-1, 6-0 victory and teamed with senior co-captain Hillary Hoyt (New York, N.Y.) for an 8-6 win at first doubles to lead the visiting Trinity College Bantams to an 8-1 triumph over the Chapman University Panthers in women's tennis action this afternoon. Trinity, ranked No. 8 in the Northeast and No. 21 in the nation, evens its dual-match record to 1-1, while the Panthers fall to 3-6 with their second loss in a row.
Ferjanic/Hoyt and the junior duo of Regan Cherna (Bronxville, N.Y.) and Elizabeth Gerber (Bethesda, Md.) posted doubles wins, before the Bantams rattled off straight-set victories in all six singles matches.
1. TC- Melita Ferjanic d. A. Hammerc. 6-1, 6-0
2. TC- Hillary Hoyt d. S. Duong, 7-5, 6-1
3. TC- Morgan Feldman d. G. Ford, 6-1, 6-2
4. TC- Regan Cherna d. K. Klebeanu, 6-1, 6-1
5. TC- Sauve Mauve-Maphisa d. M. Nelson, 6-2, 6-1
6. TC- Frances Cameron d. A. Kaberduk, 6-2, 6-1
1. TC- Ferjanic/Hoyt d. Hammer/Klebenow, 8-6
2. C- Duong/Ford d. Cameron/Feldman, 8-4
3. TC- Kaberdunk/M. Mathis d. Cherna/Elizabeth Gerber, 8-6
Trinity (Conn.) 8, Chapman 1