Claremont, Calif. - Senior co-captain Frances Cameron (Mill Valley, Calif.) recorded the lone Bantam point with a 6-3, 3-6 (10-3) victory at No. 5 singles, as the Trinity College women's tennis team closed its spring trip to California with an 8-1 loss to the Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Colleges Athenas this afternoon. Trinity, ranked No. 8 in the Northeast and No. 21 in the nation, falls to 4-3, while the No. 9-ranked Athenas improve to 10-0.
Trinity senior co-captain Hillary Hoyt (New York, N.Y.) and first-year Melita Ferjanic (Samobor, Croatia) put up a good figth at No. 1 doubles, losing 9-8 (7-5) in one of three highly-competitive doubles matches. Bantam junior Regan Cherna (Bronxville, N.Y.) took her opponent to three sets at No. 3 singles.
1. CMS- Kristin Lim d. Hillary Hoyt, 6-2, 6-4
2. CMS- Abby Haley d. Morgan Feldman, 6-1, 6-2
3. CMS- Crystal Lim d. Regan Cherna, 4-6, 7-6 (10-5)
4. CMS- Caroline Ward d. Senzo Mauve-Maphisa, 6-2, 6-3
5. TC- Frances Cameron d. Sarah Kukino, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
6. CMS- Chloe Dobbert d. Elizabeth Gerber, 6-1, 6-2
1. CMS- Haley K. Lim d. Melita Ferjanic/Hoyt, 9-8 (7-5)
2. CMS- C. Lim/Ward d. Feldman/Mauve-Maphisa, 8-6
3. CMS- Kukino/Yume Likamoa d. Cameron/Cherna, 8-5
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 8, Trinity (Conn.) 1