Hartford, Conn. - Trinity Rookie Jillian Winer (Bolton, Mass.) led the Bantams with wins of 6-1 and 6-0 as the Trinity College women's tennis team dropped the Babson College Beavers, 6-3, on Saturday afternoon in Hartford. Trinity improves to 5-2 overall with its fourth-straight win while Babson falls to 10-5 on the year.
Junior tri-captain Vanja Babunski (Belgrade, Serbia) and Julia Brogan (Falmouth, Maine) won as a doubles pair but Babson took an early 2-1 lead with wins at No. 2 and No. 3 in doubles action. Trinity responded by taking 5-of-6 matches in singles play to come away with the victory. Babunski and Brogan won in the top two singles spots while Winer, first-year Krista Jiranek (Owings Mill, Md.) and junior tri-captain Ania Aliev (Needham, Mass.) also won in singles play to round out the scoring.
Trinity returns to action on April 8th for a home match against Brandeis College.
1. TC - Babunski/Brogan d. Kam/Brandt, 8-2
2. B - Weick/Gianelos d. Jiranek/Aliev, 8-1
3. B - Winer/Weber d. Foster/Roeper, 8-4
1. TC - Vanja Babunski d. Eleni Gianelos, 6-4, 6-0
2. TC - Julia Brogan d. Dina Weick, 7-6 (2), 0-6, 6-2
3. TC - Krista Jiranek d. Chloe Brandt, 6-4, 6-3
4. TC - Jillian Winer d. Claire Foster, 6-1, 6-0
5. TC - Ania Aliev d. Emily Roeper, 6-3, 7-6 (6)
6. B - Kylie Kam d. Jane Weber, 6-2, 6-2
Trinity (Conn.) 6, Babson 3