Hartford, Conn. - The Trinity College women's tennis team won 4-of-6 singles matches and won at No. 1 doubles as they downed the Connecticut College Camels, 5-4, on Saturday afternoon at the Assaiante Tennis Center on Trinity's campus in Hartford. The Bantams improve to 6-5 and are 1-3 in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) while the Camels evened their record at 6-6 and are 0-4 in conference play.
Bantam junior captain Vanja Babunski (Belgrade, Serbia) notched a 6-3, 7-5 victory to lead the hosts at number one singles. Rookie Julia Brogan (Falmouth, Maine) chipped in with a 6-2, 6-2 triumph at second singles while classmate Jillian Winer (Bolton, Mass.) registered a 6-2, 6-2 triumph at fourth singles. In the sixth slot in the lineup, Bantam junior Sara Curtis (Milton, Mass.) prevailed in a 6-1, 3-6, 6-2 victory for the hosts. Babunski and Brogan added a 8-4 victory in the top doubles spot to account for the five match wins for Trinity.
The Bantams return to action on April 22 when they travel to Vermont to face the Middlebury Panthers at 10 a.m.
1. TC - Vanja Babunski def. Aleksandra Drljaca 6-3, 7-5
2. TC - Julia Brogan def. Emily Migliorini 6-2, 6-2
3. CC - Stephanie Simon def. Krista Jiranek 6-4, 2-6, 6-1
4. TC - Jillian Winer def. Angelica Warren 6-2, 6-2
5. CC - Adrienne Sieverding def. Ania Aliev 6-4, 7-6
6. TC - Sara Curtis def. Susanna Studwell 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
1. TC - Babunski/Brogan def. Migliorni/Simon (CC) 8-4
2. CC - Warren/Drljaca def. Jiranek/Winer (TC) 8-5
3. CC - Sieverding/Bartlett def. Aliev/Jane Weber (TC) 8-5